Thursday, August 10, 2006

THE PRIVATE SECTOR CRISIS
For those who dont know i am in a new job.The company i am now with has offered me a part time job while in school but requested my services in the month of August. I now know the meaning of culture shock. The public sector is, in comparison, a wonderful lixurious world of order and supply. I order, and the purchasing department supplies. Not so in the world of the private sector.
I get the feeling that wasting funds is contageous or i have caught the youthful exuberance of our wonderful minister Paulwell. At my old job when in need of equipment and other ammenities i simply place an order for the best, most technologically advanced and user friendly (i worked at the Scientific Research Council- we should be at the cutting edge). Here at my new job i find myself cutting the corners of a circular object.
They asked me to set up a microbiology lab. Being youthfully exuberant i in my infinite wisdom make a detailed list of the equipment needed to set up an efficient well functioning laboratory that would run as a well oiled engine. With confidence i presented this budget to the director. She smiled. i have discovered in my short experience with directors, that it is never a good thing if they smile when discussing money. BE WARY OF THE SMILE. She inturn gave me a budget, i smiled.
So if you see me looking a bit perplexed and frazzled, know it was because of the smile.
P.S. i need someone who works at customs to help me out with a thing.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Seeker said...

LOL!
Hush

9:35 AM  
Blogger Bashmentbasses said...

Don't advertise (potential) illegal acts in a public domain. You may get elected to public office.

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home