Thursday, August 10, 2006

BEING FRIGID
My house mate and i were talking the other day about the death of our landlady and the numerous calls we get from people asking if we are afraid of being in the house alone. She was comenting on how she felt a sence of lose and was saddened but was not necessarily afraid (she however does not want to be left alone in the house).
I could not relate to the sence of lose. Yes she and i used to talk and i would go over to her and do errands and the like. but i must say her death has not moved me. This had me thinking back to death of my grand mother and the very similar reaction i had to her death. i simply said ok she died. I lived with my grandmother practically my whole life she raised me. when i came home from school she was there with a cooked dinner. our relationship was and good. so it would seem that i would feel some sence of lose when she died. But i didnt. I was a bit surprised because i did not expect her to, but thats it.
So i have to ask the question: Am i emotionally frigid? Do lack some capabilty to feel? normally this would not bother me but ever since high school i have been teased for being cold and "dry". Now i really have to wonder. Arent supposed to be sad?

3 Comments:

Blogger bassChocolate said...

I dunno... i get sad... death hurts me personally.

3:30 PM  
Blogger The Seeker said...

Amazing We are related to each other and I never knew.
Honestly I was worried something was wrong with me after Amber died. After the intial shock, it just was another fact of life..., the only time I really fealt some deep sense of loss was when dave was speaking tears came to my eyes then.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Bashmentbasses said...

Yes you are frigid! Go get it checked out.

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home