Thursday, December 28, 2006

I know its been awhile sincei have blogged- school has been a little hectic. So what has transpired in my life since last i blogged. Nothing much really, i have been at school and lwhen not at school i have been at work. Balancing both has taken up all of my time. Med school is not hard if you manage your time properly. That i learned after the first semeter.

First Semester was interesting. i never got the first day gitters cause i found alot of the people i did a first degree with were back to do med too so i knew alot of people in the class. Even though i dont feel like it, watching the children that came directly from high school i have seen how i have matured and grown up. you could clearly tell in my class those that came directly from high school and those that did a first degree. A few years does make a big difference.

As one would expect where there is a large gathering of young minds there the " mentally gifted", for want of a better term, will be also. I find that i get along with everyone. I am not quite sure if that is a good thing or bad thing . On one hand it could mean that i am a friendly person or on thw other hand it could mean that i am a pushover- but i dont think so.

Anyway there is this one particular person in my class that cannot get along with anyone. If you tell her good morning she gets upset and wonders why the B.... i telling her good morning today. she is a special person. She tells me that she once was undergoing therapy but didnt go back because the therapist was too nosey. Makes you confident in the future doctors of our country doesnt it.

then there is a person with the completely opposite type of personality. she apologises for existing. She would spend 15minutes apologising for having to bother to borrow a pencil. Its amazing i tell you the diversity of people that you find.

I believe there are somethings that just cannot be taught in medical school. They might teach us and let us recite the things we need t say when with our patients. But deep sence of copassion and caring that one needs as a doctor i find must be intrinsic. On our entrance forms they asked for a mental evaluation i think they need to really look more in depth at because there are some people in my class that arent cut out to be doctors. but that makes me wonder -Am I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home