Thursday, December 28, 2006

TO BE OR NOT TO BE

i wonder sometimes why is it that i never really did "bruk out" when i came to university. i normally tell the younger of my generation that there is nothing called peer pressure at university everything that you choose to do is because you were curious and wanted to do it. so what happened to my curiosity. i dont think i was that mentally grounded to fend of being influenced.

i am not saying that i left university the same way i came but i didnt change that much. i didnt develope the habbit of cussing, didnt go out and sleep around, didnt do anything of note really. I just came got a degree and left.Where did the university experience go. it certainaly missed me or i missed it.

i am not saying that i want to do those things i just wondered why. but then when i look at the history of females in my family i can see where i get it from. i believe my aunts were raised in the era of feminism where women were all hype about conquering the world. they got into it and never did get out of it. I have yet to meet a man that can stand up to or equal much less to surpass the ambition, drive and independence of some of my aunts.

the women of my family tend to be goal oriented. they travel the world just because they can and they conquer - because they can. But sometimes i wonder do they live. My grandmother had 7 girls only 2 are married with children. please note i am not saying they are unfulfilled. i am just comming torealize why i am the way i am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home