Thursday, June 07, 2007

Balancing Act




I was speaking to my brother the other day and he asked why i d'ont blog. i told him iwas suffering from writer block. It true i ahve found that being in school i have cocooned myself in the tiny world of med school and have become totally disenfrachised from the rest of the world.

I started work and my supervisor tried to strike (repeatedly) conversations with me on current affairs and i was clueless. I have no idea what i happening in the rest of the world. my supervisor told me today to get out the box i have been living in. I most say that i couldnt retort because i have been living in a box.

This is my dillemma to have a life while in medschool takes graet skill and ingenuity. Other people have done it. I have realized that i am naturally not that agile and it will take great effort for me to become a well rounded individual.

How i am now is such a contrast to who i was in high school and in 6th form. for one i knew what was g;oing on was involved in every society under the sun and i was more confident in myself. I also had a greater sense of self.

Every area of my life went on hold during the semester and this cannot be good. My "boyfriend" said he didnt see the point of being with me if i never had time. Which is sad because i iwant to get married some day and for that to happen i have to develope a relationship first and that takes time.

So the question how to be a woman of God, good dedicated doctor, wife, mother sister and Sara all at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home